The RA4M2 MCUs offer a market-leading operating current of only 80µA/MHz in active mode, low standby current of 0.7mA, and 30µs wakeup time. With operating frequencies up to 100MHz, the RA4M2 MCUs are ideal for performance-hungry, low-power applications such as industrial and IoT edge devices.
The RA4M2 MCUs feature Arm TrustZone® technology and Renesas' Secure Crypto Engine. The Secure Crypto Engine incorporates multiple symmetric and asymmetric cryptography accelerators, advanced key management, security lifecycle management, power analysis resistance, and tamper detection. This combination enables customers to realize secure element functionality, enabling safety and security in IoT edge devices for low-power applications.
Key Features of the RA4M2 Group:
• Very low power consumption of 80μA/MHz in active mode; 30µs wakeup time
• 100MHz Arm Cortex-M33 with TrustZone technology
• Renesas' Secure Crypto Engine as part of a full security solution
• Scalable from 48- to 100-pin LQFP packages; also available in 48-pin QFNs
• Integrated flash memory of 512KB, 384KB, or 256KB combined with 128K SRAM
• Capacitive touch sensing unit
• USB 2.0 Full Speed
• Advanced analog with one ADC unit
The RA4M2 MCUs are supported by the easy-to-use Flexible Software Package (FSP) and Renesas' Partner Ecosystem, which offers software and hardware building block solutions that work out-of-the-box and speed time to market. In addition, these MCUs can be combined with Renesas' complementary analog and power offerings to create comprehensive solutions for a variety of applications.