Renesas has launched the campaign for their new ZMOD4410 water and dustproof air quality sensors. This new, industry-first package extends application opportunities to harsh environments with water exposure, immersion and dust contamination.
The popular ZMOD4410 indoor air quality sensor platform now offers an IP67-qualified waterproof package option for operation in wet or dirty environments such as kitchens, bathrooms, and hospital rooms where they are frequently exposed to water, oils, and dust. Combining the IP67-rated package with the ZMOD4410 platform’s industry-leading accuracy and reliability enables new, low-power IAQ applications that operate in splash zones, while maintaining the high precision and flexibility needed to customize designs and eliminate the need for expensive waterproofing systems.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
· Measurement of total organic compounds (TVOC) concentrations and indoor air quality (IAQ)
· Module algorithm estimates carbon dioxide level (eCO2)
· Additional waterproof package available supporting IP67 rating (ZMOD4410AI3V and ZMOD4410AI3R)
· Algorithm to set a control signal to trigger an external action based on IAQ and odor change
· Multiplexed input channel for heater, resistance, and temperature measurements
· I2C interface: up to 400kHz
· Configurable alarm/interrupt output with static and adaptive levels
· Adjustable ADC resolution for optimal speed versus resolution: 16-bit maximum
· External reset pin (active-LOW)
· Siloxane resistant
For product options, documents, tools and support visit the Renesas website.