In high precision delta-sigma ADCs, precision typically decreases with data rate. Consequently you have to choose either high precision or high data rate when selecting an ADC. That is… until now.
The MCP356xR family offers high precision at much faster data rates, making the devices ideal for a variety of precision applications that require precision at both low and high data rates, including industrial process control, factory automation and sensor transducers and transmitters. These ADCs reduce the overall cost of a system by eliminating the need for external components, offering integrated features including an internal oscillator, internal voltage reference, temperature sensor and burnout current source.
Key Features Include:
• 24-bit resolution
• 1/2/4 differential input channels or 2/4/8 single ended channels
• Programmable data rate up to 153.6 ksps
• Programmable gain: 0.33x to 64x
• Internal 2.4V Vref
• RMS ENOB: Up to 23.3 bits
• Internal oscillator or external clock selection
• Internal temperature sensor
• 20 MHz SPI-compatible serial interface with Mode 0.0 and 1.1
• 3 mm x 3 mm 20-lead UQFN & 6.4 mm x 6.4 mm x 1 mm 20-lead TSSOP
• Extended temperature range from -40°C to +125°C